Choc-Chip and Oat Slice Recipe
Picture a buttery base, generously dotted with chocolate chips, creating a symphony of flavors in every bite. The classic Choc-Chip Oat Slice is the perfect companion for your busy days, fitting seamlessly into lunchboxes or as an after-school treat. So, tie on your apron, preheat that oven, and let's embark on a journey of flavor and aroma that will fill your kitchen with warmth and joy.
- 1/2 cup Self Raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup Monster Health Food Co Multigrain Porridge
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup (firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup milk choc chips
- 125g butter melted
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Brush a 17 x 27cm (base measurement) slab pan with butter -or just used glad bake.
2. Sift the combined flours into a bowl. Add the Multigrain Porridge , coconut, brown sugar, sultanas and choc chips and stir to combine.
3. Make a well in the centre and add melted butter and egg. Stir until well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
4. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Set aside to cool completely.Cut into squares to serve
The simplicity of preparation, the comforting aroma as it bakes, and the satisfaction of savoring each bite make this Oat and Choc-Chip Slice a winner. Whether you're a seasoned baker or a busy parent looking for a quick and tasty solution, this recipe has you covered. If you're looking for other home-made favourites, check out our delicious apple crumble or anzac biscuits.
Enjoy and Happy Baking!